Monday, September 17, 2012

Up next

Up next in terms of auditioning:

  • Tuesday, September 18, 2:00pm: Flashdance, A New Musical - Short engagement tour
This one's an Equity Chorus Call (ECC) so we'll see if I get seen.  I feel like A LOT of people will come out for this.
  • Thursday, September 20, 4:00pm:  A Christmas Carol, The Musical - Pioneer Theatre Company, Salt Lake City, UT
Also ECC, but I predict less people.

That's it for this week.

Highlights since we've spoken last:

Cynthia and I won the "ticket lottery" last Thursday for cheap tickets to Peter and the Starcatcher!  Only $27 for a Broadway play, and my first Broadway play at that.  That statement may confuse some of you, but there is a big difference between a play and a musical.  I, for example, have no desire to be in a play.  There is no singing, and most significantly, no dancing.  Well, dancing is what feeds my soul! ...After Jesus, of course.  With all that said, I have seen many Broadway musicals, but this prequel to Peter Pan was the first play.  It was very clever and extremely well done, but its fast pace definitely requires a lot of attentiveness.

Other goings on include:
an incredibly fun Contemporary class.  Be careful not to get too "into" throwing yourself around in the choreography. - When battling it out, the floor will always win over your head.  Embarrassing moment that I hope went unnoticed.
a long walk in Riverside Park on a beautiful day.
a wonderful sermon from the author, Tim Keller.  After my church in California and its great teaching, I really appreciate solid teaching right out of The Bible, instead of just advice on how to be a better Christian.
a Hip Hop class!  Yes, I did it.  And honestly the class was kind of a joke.  An hour and a half could have been pushed into 50 minutes if she would just get straight to it.  BUT, even though I did not take an advanced class or anything, if you give me the choreography, and give me a little time to learn it, I can even do hip hop!  Pats self on back

Ta-ta for now, ti-ti for later.

1 comment:

  1. "Embarrassing moment that I hope went unnoticed." hahaha, you are so dang funny!

    ReplyDelete