Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back in Business

This is not in keeping with the theme of this blog, but maybe I will revamp it to keep up with my changing life and adventures.  Last big thing in my life was living in Italy for a school year.  Now it's the great big New York City.  As of now, I'm only here to get my feet wet and gain some confidence for the next two months, but it is still fun and exciting even if it is only short term.
I arrived at my friend's apartment Tuesday night, at 1:30am and she has been gracious enough to host me until Sunday, when I'll be moving into my beautiful sublet.  (Pictures to come next week)
Wednesday was spent paying rent, getting keys,  and people watching in Central Park.
I jumped right in on Thursday and had my first New York audition for Tokyo Disney.  I also did this audition in Hollywood last March, so it was great to go in knowing what to expect.  And I knew I wouldn't have to sing since it was for dancers only, which also put me at ease.  Following my audition, Cynthia (my soon-to-be-roommate and ex-cast mate from Anything Goes) and I headed over to Steps on Broadway, one of the two big dance studios in the city, to get some class info.  Well, I was there and dressed and with every type of shoe I might need after my audition, so I decided to take a class.  Why not?  Theater dance with Dana Moore.  A lot of conditioning and Fosse at its finest.  If you have no idea what that means, don't worry about it.
Last night?  No big deal...just a rooftop birthday party with a night-time view of the Empire State Building, the light pillars where the Twin Towers used to stand and other gorgeousness.  This was followed by an evening stroll down to the pier and what could make it better, but a view of a great fireworks show in the distance.  Just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment