Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ballet Makes Life Better


I actually did the audition for Florida's Music Man today.  Although I was not kept to sing, I felt good about my audition.  Obviously it could have been better, but I was satisfied.  After all, they were only looking for two girls.  And by the way...contrary to what I predicted a few posts down, there were still a lot of girls at the audition...a few shy of 100.

I stopped at Steps on the way home and took a ballet class.  It is easy to forget when you've been out of class for a while, but ballet just makes any day better.  My goal with dancing here is to also try to better develop my skills in my weaker genres.  Jazz and contemporary are on the list and maybe if I'm brave enough (I probably won't be), hip hop.  But ballet is always the greatest class to come back to for a sense of comfort and reassurance of my technique and training.  Here is a little glimpse into the talent at this NYC dance studio!

3 comments:

  1. Just remembering being a Mommy in the lobby, waiting while you took class, and watching all the talent, all the amazing live music, all the hustle and bustle, makes me smile!!!! I am so happy you are getting to take class there! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! What wonderful memories you re making by follwoing your dreams...beautiful nd brave! I looked at the video of Steps on Brodway while sitting next to Mr. Greg and he said, "that's so cool!" when I told him you were taking classes there!:)

    ReplyDelete