Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Round Two.

Tuesday.  Day two, second semester.  Did you forget that I was here on a study abroad program?  Don't worry, I do the same thing sometimes.  So what will I be learning this semester?  Well...that's to be determined, but the classes I am taking are as follows:

20th Century Modern Art History
Cinema Italiano (Italian Film; Taught in Italian)
The History of Ancient Rome
Grammatica Italiana (Italian Grammar)
Arte Rinasciamente(High Renaissance Art History, Taught in Italian)

I am also working out my dance schedule as I go into my second semester.  So far it looks like I will be able to take class Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (and maybe Thursday) just like last semester, just at different times.  Tonight I am taking my first night class here in Italy.  It is kind of nice to be heading to dance in the evening.  So familiar.  It is the schedule I have had my entire life.

Bomarzo, Italia
I am excited beyond words for this weekend!  There is a dance festival at a convention center here in Firenze called Danza in Fiera (Dance in the Future) that is one of the biggest dance festivals that takes place across the world.  There is an abundance of free classes of every style of dance from argentine tango to poppin' and lockin' to classical ballet, auditions, exhibitions and performances.  I plan on packing lunch and snacks and spending my entire weekend jumping from class to class.  I will be exhausted and sore, but it will feel so good!  Hopefully this is not too good to be true and there really aren't any catches to these "free" classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment