Monday, April 29, 2013

Life on Land

It's official
I am still here in Toronto, alive and well, despite the radio silence.
Although I rehearsals have been a breeze in reality, they have definitely been challenging on the personal side.  A 'humbling experience' seems the best way to describe the process.  As I've been told, I'm in an all-star cast that was hand chosen because of the desirability of this contract and itinerary.  Obviously this is very flattering, but it also means that the 2/3 of the cast of 32 who are rehires are the ones who are chosen for casting and opportunities.  I am keeping my head up and working to stay positive, knowing that in any job, the newbies will always have to prove themselves for the first go-round.
The bitter cold has come to an end, and spring flowers have begun to finally show their lovely faces.  I have enjoyed taking advantage of the occasional sunny days with long walks, ballet, Starbucks, used bookstores, and new friends.



Enjoying the first beautiful day with Kristine


The lovely ladies of Cuba
Although I haven't found that one person that I just "click" with, I have gotten to know my cast more with each passing week and have already made some fun memories with them.  Most recently we had an "Around the World" party.  Much like a progressive dinner within our apartment building, but with less emphasis on the eating and more solely on the, ahem, beverages.  I, with three others hosted the country of Cuba with Mojitos and Cuban sandwiches.  The party/event was such a success and one of the most fun I have ever participated in.  I will definitely be keeping this idea up my sleeve. 



19 days and counting until shipboard life begins.


I get to room with this cutie, Carissa!


No comments:

Post a Comment