Thursday, October 11, 2012

Audition Update:

  • October 1st, Evita - Currently running on Broadway
    • Disaster Audition.  I guess everyone has to have at least one.  This was definitely mine.  However, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as the slow-motion version in my head....
  •  October 1st, Prather Entertainment Group Season Generals - Fort Myers, FL.  Lancaster, PA.  On Tour. 
    • I had to sing to be able to attend the dance call-back.  I wasn't kept to strut my stuff, but it was still good to feel like I did a decent job singing.
  • October 3rd, Big Fish, a new musical - Chicago preview run before heading to Broadway
    • Non-Equity dismissed
  • October 4th, Disney Character Performers - Disney Cruiseline 
    •  Kept through the dancing first round for the animation second round.  Resume on file for 12 months.
  • October 8th, Frog Kiss - Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA
    • Nothing special to report other than it would have been fun to perform so close to where I grew up.  Waited for hours, danced for minutes.
  •  Ocober 10th, Carnival Cruiseline
    •  Four grand battements and a double jazz pirouette, both right and left.  Chose people from there.  Clearly they had a look they were going for, because I definitely have those steps down.
TODAY - 6 1/2 hours of waiting and not seen at either call.  Ugh.
  • October 11th, Tuck Everlasting, the musical - Broadway Across America (performing in Boston)
    •  Non-Equity dismissed
  • October 11th, Thoroughly Modern Millie - Maltz Jupiter Theater (Jupiter, FL) & Papermill Playhouse (Millburn, NJ)
    • Non-Equity dismissed.  Better luck tomorrow at the open call for this one.  I was just hoping to get a head start.

1 comment:

  1. "battements" <--that's how you spell that?! French is weird.

    ReplyDelete