Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Watched Pot Never Boils

So my absence has been due to the lack of content to write about.  I'll just say that I have been quite lonely here in this big city lately and am very ready to go back to North Carolina in just over a week.  I have yet to be able to call the place "home," although the people (my family) will definitely make it so.  But...this will not be one of those "sad girl blogs," so on to other things.

There have been so few auditions in the past two weeks, making me all the more ready to head out, but there have been a few:
  • October 16th, Chicago - Currently running on Broadway, 10:00 dancer ECC
    • I almost didn't go because I knew the whole city would show up for this audition because, well, as they say, "sex sells."  I arrived at 7:45am to sign in.  I waited until 11:45 when non-equity was "typed out" by resume and headshot because of the lack of time for the masses of women who showed up.  Well, my resume and headshot sell sweet and beautiful, not hot and sexy.
  • October 16th, Miracle on 34th Street - Westchester Broadway Dinner Theater, NY, 2:00 singer ECC
    • Headed over to another audition studio after waiting all morning for Chicago.  Signed in, went and got lunch, came back, changed into my dress and heels, returned to the holding room, told that there would not be time for non-equity.  Two for two.
  • October 17th, Miracle on 34th Street - Westchester Broadway Dinner Theater, NY, singer open call
    • Came back the next day when I found out there would be an open call.  Went in, sang my 16 bars, and went home.
  • October 23rd, Silence! The Musical - Currently running Off Broadway, dancer ECC
    • This call was DESERTED.  One group of Equity and one group of non.  Less than 50 women total.  I did not do my homework on this show and realized after I got there that this was not a show that I would want to be in.
So in my abundance of free time, what have I been doing?

- I have been taking class, after class, after class, and have not felt this strong in years.  Even though I am eager to go back to more of a permanent lifestyle, I will definitely miss all these classes being at my fingertips.

- I have begun and finished season 1 of Mad Men.

- I have spent a lot of time at Barnes and Noble.

- I have been applying to any and every online job application for Greenville, NC.

- I have probably stalked you on Facebook.

What is holding me over for the next week and a half?  My Mommy is coming to NY in 3 days!  It will be like old times when we lived in NJ and came to the city!  Only now I will take her around instead of her taking me around.  And we can drink wine together.

No comments:

Post a Comment