Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cioccolato e le Vacanze

Liz and me with our cioccolato caldo.
Yesterday I made my first venture out of Tuscany and traveled to Umbria to the famous Eurochocolate festival in Perugia.  We got to enjoy the gorgeous city during our 50 minute walk from the train station to the festival.  There isn't much to say other than that chocolate is still as delectable as ever and that Italians have the right idea of hot chocolate.  Instead of being a hot chocolatey beverage it is more like drinking a melted chocolate bar.  It is delectable.  After having a sample, I bought a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Once the whipped cream was gone I added a bit of the cioccolato liquore di caffe sample they gave us and it just made a good thing better.

Although each day may pass slowly, overall, time is sweeping past like the wind on a blustery day in the city.  Tomorrow will be our last day of the PLP (Preparatory Language Program) and then we will have oral and written exams at the end of the week.  And then...I leave for London!  I will only be in London for 3 days, but I am extremely excited for it.  I booked a ticket for Sweet Charity on Saturday night and Chicago on Monday night and I just can't wait!  Two Fosse shows in one vacation!  It would be more fun to see them with someone else, but hey, how can you complain.
After a full three days in London I will fly to Dublin where I will be spending four days.  I haven't planned out my trip in Ireland yet, but I have ideas and suggestions from Irish friends that will have me well on my way.  It will be so wonderful to spend some time in the beautiful open countryside after being in a city for the past couple months.  I am also looking forward to a break from foreign language.  It will be so nice to be able to understand everything.  I'll be able to read the bus schedules, order food, ask for help...so many things that I used to take for granted.  I can't wait!  I will try to blog once more before I leave.  We'll see if it happens.

1 comment:

  1. I'll pray that you do well on your test! You should learn how they make their cioccolato caldo and share it with us when you get back! I'm so excited for you to go on your trips - take great pictures! Love you.

    ReplyDelete