Friday, October 8, 2010

"And we're dancin', and it feels alright..." ♫♫♫

I have been taking a few dance classes over the past couple of weeks at a studio called Florence Dance Center.  I don't know what it is about dance, but it makes everything in life so much better.  It is not just the scientific links to exercise and emotions either, it is more with dance.  It has also been amazing to see how dance is such a universal language.  My teacher speaks absolutely no English, however, I am still able to take class and understand her instructions even when she is speaking and not even demonstrating.  She reminds me so much of my teacher Luba Gulyaeva from New Jersey!  I enjoy reminiscing about my time at North Jersey School of Dance Arts while I am in class.

It is also nice to go somewhere and have some individuality rather than always being associated with a group of people.  Dance is something that is all mine, just for me.  As selfish as it sounds, it is nice to not have to worry about making people happy...I go when I want, do what I want when I'm there, and I do whatever I want on the way home.

As always, school is getting in the way of dance.  I have finally registered for classes for this fall, which will start November 2nd.  It looks like I will only be able to take 1, maybe 2, ballet classes per week.  However, I will be able to take modern and contemporary classes as well.  In a way I suppose it is good that these are the only options in my schedule on some days, because I would never opt to take them over ballet and I know that I need to become a more versatile dancer.
One of the directors of the school is an American and I have been speaking with him about financial aid for tuition at the school.  He has been very generous and is willing to work with me as much as is possible and in exchange, he is thinking of what I could do in the office to utilize my English for their school's benefit.  I am so thankful that God has always provided a way for me to continue dancing through the years at so many different schools.

I am sure you will soon hear more about my dancing aspirations as I will be coming back from my trip to London on a high from seeing a musical or two.  Then you won't hear me talking about ballet...it will be musical theater all the way.  Ah, how I miss performing!!!  It has been far, far to long since I have been on stage.  Until next time...DANCE!

3 comments:

  1. It makes me SO happy to know that you are dancing and loving it and that God is providing the desires of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to read your blog, dear one!! You certainly have my prayers and also understanding of dance [I took ballet for 8 years!]. Where are you traveling in England? My Mom's family is all in Devon: Southwestern area! hugs, sue ><>

    ReplyDelete