Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dubrovnik, Croatia



We visited Dubrovnik twice over the course of the summer.  The Old City was about a 20 minute bus ride from the port, if I remember correctly, so there was less time to spend here than in some of the other ports.  Croatia is on a currency called the Kuna, where $1.00 = 6.50 kn.  Confusing when it comes to currency exchange.

"Cold Drinks"

When Iven and I were in port exploring the first time, we came across the "Cold Drinks Place," as it came to be known, and saw people cliff jumping!  It looked like so much fun and I knew what I'd be doing my second time in port in Dubrovnik!

Me and Iven just outside the Old City gate
Two times in port is simply not enough to get to know a city.  With such limited time, you really have to pick and choose...I didn't walk the old city walls, which I would have liked to do, but it was just. so. hot. and I couldn't imagine being up there baking.  


Instead, the first time, Iven and I explored all the little stone stairways, trying to avoid the crowds, and then sat down to try the local cuisine (mostly seafood).  


On our way to cliff jump!

The second time, Kaleigh and I dried off after cliff jumping with our fellow crew memebers, had a traditional lemon beer, and headed back to the ship.  Ah, shiplife.
Yep, it was high!
That's me!
So much happening in one photo!

Me, Sam, Emma and Kaila


The Adriatic Sea is so, so salty!  Word of advise:  Do not get it in your eyes.






A refreshing, Croatian, lemon beer after a day in the sun.






Hi Kaleigh!
















No comments:

Post a Comment