Monday, September 8, 2014

Civitavecchia, Italy

A mouthful, I know.  It is said chee-veeta-vekia.

Just like La Spezia was a port mainly for Florence, Civitavecchia is a port really just to get to Rome.  Of our three Italian ports, this was probably my least favorite.  It had it's little hidden gems, but I felt that they were much fewer and far between than others.  Either way, I still enjoyed it, even if I did use this day to catch up on rest on board once in a while.

One of the great spots here I didn't discover until a little later on.  It was a cute little pizzeria/trattoria overlooking the beach and boardwalk.  The wifi (always a must for crew members) was not too shabby and the pizza was absolutely delicious.  Kristine showed me this little spot before it began to be discovered and inundated by crew members.













My roommate, Carissa, and I enjoyed a day together in Civitavecchia with our cappuccini.



I felt like such a movie star in this pic (for no reason other than its candidness) so I had to include it.




 Another fun photoshoot.  This time with Joan Aguinaga, one of our ship photographers (a department we worked closely with).  If you're gonna have a photoshoot, Europe is the place to do it.  Everything is just so picturesque!  But don't be fooled...I was melting in our not-so-ideal noon sun.

True emotion while trying to get this shot!  A fun time was had by all.



Oh hey Terk!  Good to see you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment