Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hodgepodge

I Google translated “porca miseria” today.  “I hear this word ALL the time,” I thought as I listened to my roommates and their friends talking. 
Translation: G** D*****
Moral of the story – don’t always use words you don’t know the meaning of just because you want to fit in.  Who knows what you could be saying!

traditional carnevale dress
Yes…I really did go to Venezia about a month ago.  I am sorry I never wrote about it, but life just got crazy this month.  So much for my trying to blog more, right?  Looks like my posts will be few and far between from here on out.  Honestly, Carnevale wasn’t all that exciting, but Venice was beautiful and staying with a family for the weekend was wonderful.  I rode in a car for the first time in months, was cooked homemade meals and tucked into bed by Ilaria’s mamma.


Apparently I look like a completely different person without my wool winter coat that I have been hiding behind for the past 5 months.  I think I am going to have to get used to the shameless stares of Italian men, both young and old, all over again.
“There comes a time when you no longer want shaky guys staring at you thinking God knows what, whispering things in Polish you're really glad you don't understand.” – Under The Tuscan Sun
True. Statement.  (Just substitute ‘Polish’ for ‘Italian’)  Only difference…I can generally understand what it is they are saying now.
The castel where we did our winetasting.
Another exciting thing I did this past month…Wine tasting in Chianti!  We took a bus 50 minutes outside the city to Chianti and got a light lunch, a tour, and wine tasting all for 20 Euro!  No, I will not complain too much about being a cute, young girl in an Italian bartering society.
Another winery across the way.

In just 10 days……I WILL SEE MY PARENTS!  It has been just shy of 8 months since I have seen those amazing folks who gave birth to me!  If you had told me a year and a half ago that I would go this long without seeing my parents I would have straight up laughed at you.  Ok, ok…maybe I would have tried to have been polite and given a simple, “Oh!  Yeah, maybe,” but that is just because I wouldn’t have felt like arguing about it and I knew that it wouldn’t be true, plain and simple.  Well, I did it and now we are finally going to see each other!  Our agenda?  Roma, Firenze, Cinque Terre, and Venezia.

My latest song recommendation: Mushaboom by Feist

No comments:

Post a Comment